BT21: This brand is the perfect combination between Linefriend and BTS. Since 2007, the brand has appeared and captured the hearts of young people all over the world. It has gotten hotter because of adorable icons, unique ideas, and interesting stories
The beginning of BT21
BT21 is the first project of LINE FRIENDS CREATORS. Not only creating avatars of the apperiance of artirts with 8 different characters of BTS, but also the cutest gestures was sketched to show feelings of the consumers that makes them display in each conversation.
Each member of BTS is attach an charming image such as: heart, rabbit, pony, mouse,… which are very attractive to the youth and the fan. In addition, their parents always take care of the children who they admire and what to use and wonder that whether or not these things dangerous. BT21 is a great choice to make them peace of mind. Rapidly, BT21 gained support from global fans, leading to brand expansion into the UNIVERSTAR BT21. From there, they developed series of games and animation that revolved around the story of characters in BT21.
The story about UNIVERSTAR BT21
From Planet BT, TATA prince have a dream to spread out the love all over the galaxy. To make dream come true, TATA convokes a guardian robot called VAN to prepare a journey. In the process, TATA think that the effort of 2 people isn’t enough for mighty event, he wants to mobilize more force, collective effort is very necessary in each journey. Soon, they find out 6 members: KOYA, RJ, SHOOKY, MANG, CHIMMY and COOKY who will be affected strongly to the galaxy has ever witnessed.
Koya is RM’s sleepy blue kaola.
RJ likes to eat and drink like Master Jin. This character is a llamas, red scarf or gray hood depending on the weather.
Shooky is a mischievous chocolate cake girl who doesn’t like milk. She was drawn by Suga.
Like J-Hope, Mang loves to dance. He wears a horse mask with a heart-shaped nose.
Chimmy belongs to Jimin. This cheerful-looking dog is wearing a yellow jumpsuit and a sticking tongue is adorable.
Tata is a quirky, curious alien with a red heart face and blue body with yellow mottled dots. This character was created by V.
Cooky is an adorable pink bunny. This character loves his body very much and wants to be strong. It could only be the product of Jungkook!
The final character of BT21 is Van, the giant space robot of Tata. RM created a valve to protect the BT21. Van represents ARMY.
Since the release of BT21, many online shops and physical store opened to provide consumers with interesting experiences and quality products. We can easily see a chain of these shops in the large streets, next to schools and universities…
BT21 is also cooperating with a number of brands such as CGV Cinema, Uniqlo, Converse, Dunkin ‘Donuts, HOMEPLUS, Lamy, Reebok, Paris Baguette and many others to create a separate product line with a symbolic image. by BT21. However, you can only find those items in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
In short, you will see a lot of BT21 goods from clothing, cosmetics, tumblr, shoes, electronics, stationery, cushions, underwear, even slippers if you only have enough equipment!
A list of BT21 collaborations and the items created.
- Dunkin Donuts: donuts, drinks and cups. (February 2018–present)
- Monopoly: bags, notebooks, straps, notes, magnets, etc. (April 2018–present)
- Olive Young: handcream, perfume body, towel hoodie, etc. (June 2018–present)
- Mediheal: face point masks. (June 2018–present)
- T-Money: money cards. (June 2018–present)
- Paris Baguette: cakes, bread, desserts, ice creams, etc. (July 2018–present)
- Incheon Airport: promotion of Incheon airport. (July 2018–present)
- Converse: sneakers. (July 2018–present)
- Facebook Messenger: stickers. (July 2018–present)
- Hunt Innerwear: pajamas. (July 2018–present)
- CGV Cinemas: tumblers. (September 2018–present)
- 10×10: retractable cables, selfie stick, powerbank, etc. (September 2018–present)
- Anti Social Social Club: T-shirts, hoodies and hats. (November 2018-present)
- Hello Kitty: T-shirts, hoodies, lunchboxes, dinner plates, etc. (May 2019-present)
- Uniqlo: T-shirts. (June 2019-present)
- CARAN D’ACHE: pens, cases, etc. (October 2019-present)
- Vice Cosmetics: blush and highlighter duos, cheek tint, and eyeshadow palette, etc. (October 2019-present).
- TIKTOK: stickers. (November 2019-present).
- pinkfong’s Baby Shark: music remix. (December 2019-present).
- Bershka T-shirts and sweatshirts.
- BT21 is an idea made by Si-Hyuk Bang after the album “Love Yourself ‘Her’” remains in the top 20 of the Billboard 200 four weeks after its release.
- BT21’s eight cartoonish characters were inspired by drawings created by the seven BTS members, with one correlating to each member and the final one representing the band and its fandom, ARMY.
- BT21 has a game available on smartphones, which is named PUZZLE STAR BT21.
- The BT21 characters are gender-neutral.
- The fandom name for BT21 is UNISTAR.
Currently, BT21 has a positive image and is supported by many people of all ages. They create new events and messages that unite young people in different countries and continents. Accompanying BTS, BT21 brought Asian culture, especially Korean culture to the world.
Read more: https://btsoutfit.com/